- Transcendence is achieved by shedding the habits of the personality. Different versions of yoga arrive at this same conclusion.
- Raja Yoga teaches harmony between self and surroundings.
- Karma Yoga teaches selfless service without expectation of reciprocity.
- Kriya yoga accelerates spiritual development through mudras, mantra and pranayama.
- Bhakti yoga teaches devotion to love for love’s sake.
- Hatha yoga teaches strength in the physical body.
- Mantra yoga teaches sound and saying as a strategy for finding transcendence through meditation.
Read and Watch
- Read Wheel of Yoga in your textbook
- Yoga Sutras: Book One
- Wheel of Yoga on YouTube Channel: Land and Heart Online Yoga Teacher Training
- Practice standing yoga asana
- Do a Bkati meditation (see Bhakti Yoga Section)
- Organize a community service project for yourself.
ePortfolio and assignment
Take notes on the details of your community service project.
Wheel of Yoga discussion points are in your textbook. Respond in Google Classrooom.
0% Complete 0/7 Steps